The editorial board of the Scientific Bulletin of Mukachevo State University. Series "Economics" is guided by the ethics of international scientific publications based on the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). This Statement is consistent with the journal's policy and is one of the main components of reviewing articles, as well as publishing the journal. Compliance with standards of publication ethics is required from all parties involved in the process: authors, editors, reviewers, publisher, and institution.
The main principles of editorial policy include relevance, reliability, validity, scientific novelty, innovation in the articles of the journal. The subject matter of the manuscripts submitted for publication must correspond to the scientific directions of the bulletin. Articles should not have the nature of open or hidden advertising (anti-advertising). The editors reserve the right to edit the submitted manuscripts to ensure compliance of the texts with grammatical, spelling, stylistic norms, and rules.
The author, upon submitting the manuscript for publication, automatically confirms that the manuscript is submitted for printing for the first time, is the result of their research, and any use of scientific articles of other persons or information from external sources is laid out in accordance with the current requirements of Ukrainian legislation and international practice. In cases of detection of plagiarism, the authors of the submitted materials shall be held responsible.
The intellectual property right to the results of scientific research presented to the editorial board in the form of a manuscript belongs to the authors of the article. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of the information in the articles, the accuracy of names, surnames, and citations.
The article review process lasts no more than 30 days.
The editorial board of the journal is guided by the following rules for supporting publication ethics:
- observance of the basic principles of the publication: scientificity, objectivity, professionalism, information support of the most significant innovative research;
- unconditional loyalty to all subjects of the creative process who take part in the creation of the journal;
- widespread use of double-blind peer review, involvement of objective competent reviewers;
- implementation of constant consultative work with authors aimed at meeting the requirements of international databases for the design and content of materials submitted for publication.
All submitted manuscripts are considered by the editorial board as confidential documents. Information about the authors, topics of scientific articles, as well as their content is not disclosed. The editor and the editorial board undertake not to disclose information about the accepted manuscripts unnecessarily to anyone, with the exception of authors, reviewers, other scientific consultants, and the publisher.
By submitting materials for publication to the Scientific Bulletin of Mukachevo State University. Series "Economics", the authors shall be responsible for the submitted manuscript and must comply with the following principles:
- provide accurate information in articles, exact titles, surnames and quotes;
- in scientific work to submit the results of independent research. The use of fragments of other people's works should be accompanied by appropriate links to the cited source. Read more about this in the section Anti-plagiarism Policy;
- send only the original manuscript to the journal for publication. The article submitted by the author cannot be submitted for consideration to other journals or be previously published. Failure to comply with this principle is considered as a gross violation of publication ethics and gives rise to exclusion of the article from the review.
If significant errors or inaccuracies appear in the article at the stage of its review or immediately after publication, it is necessary to notify the editorial board of the journal about this in order to make a joint decision on their correction as soon as possible.
The reviewer, as a specialist in the respective subject matter, conducts an independent examination of the manuscript provided to them in order to objectively assess the quality of the article, establish the relevance and value of the study for a wide circle of scientific society, determine the degree of its compliance with scientific, literary, and ethical standards. When considering a scientific article, an independent expert must adhere to the following principles:
- to observe the period of reviewing established by the editorial board;
- not to discuss the manuscripts received for review with other people, except for the above-mentioned persons;
- not to use the information and ideas presented in the peer-reviewed article for personal purposes, adhering to the principle of confidentiality;
- the reviewer cannot be the author or co-author of the article submitted for review;
- an independent expert must be a leading scientist in the relevant field of scientific knowledge;
- if the reviewer selected for the evaluation of the article believes that their qualifications are not enough to review the study, or knows that the speed of its consideration will be too low, it is necessary to inform the executive secretary of the editorial board about this and abandon the review process.
Obligations of the members of the editorial board
The members of the editorial board are responsible for the publication of the submitted manuscript, observing the following fundamental principles:
- the chief editor is responsible for deciding which of the submitted articles will be accepted for publication and which will be rejected. They should be guided by the journal's policy and adhere to the principles of the law, preventing copyright infringement and plagiarism;
- making a decision on publication, the chief editor of a scientific journal is guided by the reliability of the data presented and the scientific significance of the reviewed article;
- the editorial board and the publishing team should not share the information presented in the article with anyone other than the authors, appointed potential reviewers, another editorial office and (if necessary) the publisher;
- the chief editor, editorial board, as well as members of the editorial and publishing group cannot use data from submitted manuscripts that have not been published for personal purposes and cannot be transfer these data to third parties (without written permission);
- the editorial board is not responsible for the opinions, judgments, results, and conclusions made by the authors of the articles and published in the scientific journal, as well as for the correctness of links to Internet resources and literary sources that are contained in the text of the article;
- the chief editor should not allow an article to be published if there is sufficient reason to believe that it is plagiarism;
- the chief editor and publisher should not leave claims regarding peer-reviewed manuscripts or published materials unanswered. In case of a conflict situation, they must take all the necessary measures to restore the violated rights, and if errors are found, contribute to the correction of the publication;
- the chief editor, the editorial staff, and the publishing and editorial group of the journal must ensure the confidentiality of names and other information related to reviewers.
The publisher is responsible for the publication of scientific articles in accordance with the following basic principles and procedures:
- facilitate the implementation of the ethical responsibilities of editors, editorial and publishing group, editorial board, reviewers, and authors in accordance with these requirements;
- support the journal in considering complaints about ethical aspects of published materials;
- facilitate the process of posting corrections, explanations, rebuttals, and apologies when necessary.